Enter Immoviewer – Best 3D & Virtual Reality Tool Yet
To say that Real Estate is a quickly evolving industry is an understatement. Many agents are still not understanding the importance of quality photos to tell a story in their marketing, while contemporary and relevant agents are moving forward with providing their clients with a Virtual Reality experience that greatly sets their client’s listings apart from the competition. Enter Immoviewer.
For several years I’ve used Matterport, but always found the software kluge, the process time consuming, the equipment temperamental and all of it expensive. So, while trying to find a better way of promoting our SmartHome listings, I was super excited to be introduced to Immoviewer.
The Ease of Immoviewer
When I signed up for Immoviewer, they shipped out a camera and tripod and upon seeing the camera I was in love. The Ricoh Theta camera is smaller than my iPhone X and easily slips into my bag. It connects to my iPhone via the Immoviewer app and only needs to do one quick scan to capture a room, unlike Matterport which required multiple time-consuming scans per room.
The picture to the left is the device on the tripod in a listing we recently scanned. The entire process took less than 30 minutes to finish the house. The same floor plan by the builder took me about an hour and a half with the previous system I was using.
One of the biggest complaints I hear from most agents is that real estate technology is too overwhelming and complicated. Immoviewer has made the process of putting together quality and engaging marketing as easy as humanly possible.
My Favorite Feature of Immoviewer
There’s a lot of cool things included with the Immoviewer hosting, but my favorite is what they call “information points” or what I refer to as call-outs. This was a huge selling point for me at first because we needed a way to showcase the SmartHome devices in our listing. Below is a sample of an Immoview tour that I did at the CNET Smart Apartment in Louisville, KY. I got to the visit this cool little apartment as part of a program I’m helping with for Residential Real Estate Counsel (formally known as CRS).
For each of the SmartHome devices, I am able to add a note, video or photo to give the buyer more information about that particular selling point or feature in the home. Since the buyer’s agent will know little about your listing, this is an invaluable feature to help point out important and awesome parts of the home that the buyer may have otherwise missed.
There’s a lot that this little app does, so I’m sure I’m not covering everything. Here are a few of the other cool features that I enjoy:
- The tour can be embedded in a post (like the one above), shared by QR code or link
- If a buyer calls you, you can simply text or email a link and walk them through the home to gauge their interest and then schedule an appointment if they wish to visit the home.
- You can create floor plans to give an overview
- You can also blur out areas that need to be hidden from buyers online. For example, if you have a scan of a home and the client’s child has a piece of art with her name on it in her room, I would blur that out. Maybe you didn’t see the collection of medications on a table in your client’s home, etc… The ability to blur things out after the scan is pretty cool.
- Whereas there is a ton of branding for your team, there are also unbranded links for MLS usage where the MLS won’t allow branded tours.
- Your tours can be easily shared on various social media platforms
- 360, 3D and Virtual Reality tours that look awesome
There’s a lot more that can be said about how much I’m in love with Immoviewer, but this post is a list of highlights. It’s been my number one find for my business this year and I’m excited to do more with it. Among those plans is to do a tour of some outside parks and events to share on social and in our marketing.
I think you owe it to your clients to check out Immoviewer!